Sunday, March 9, 2008

Chicken French

I always try to make a big dinner on Sundays. Something that we don't have often and requires a little bit of work on my part since I have the time. I got the idea to make Chicken French but I couldn't find a recipe in any of my cookbooks and I even had a hard time finding one online so I pretty much made it up out of the few of them I was able to find.

4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 cups of flour
Salt and Pepper
2 eggs beaten
olive oil

2 cups chicken broth
2 lemons or about 6 tablespoons of lemon juice
4 tablespoons of butter
4 tablespoons of flour

Flatten the chicken breasts until they are about 1/2" thick. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet. Dip the flattened chicken breasts in the flour, then egg, then flour again. Place the chicken into the heated skillet and cook for about five minutes on each side.

While the chicken is cooking mix all of the lemon sauce ingredients in a deep skillet (broth, lemon juice, butter, flour). Whisk it all together and let it cook down while the chicken is cooking.

I served the chicken over some brown rice and broccoli and poured the lemon sauce over the top. Delicious!

No comments: