Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Patricks Day Recipes

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Sean and I made our big holiday dinner last night because I'm working some crazy hours this week and just won't have the time today. We made Black & Tan Irish Mac & Cheddar. Yeah, you heard right! We got the recipe from the Food Network Ultimate Recipe Showdown. This recipe didn't win but it looked really good. It isn't hard to make but some of the ingredients can get a little pricey. It was a little strong for us last night, I guess we aren't the cheese connoisseurs that we thought we were! But I had some for lunch today and it tasted a little milder.

We also made our usual St. Patrick's Day dessert, lime jello cake! Just bake a white cake and poke holes in the top with a fork or skewer and then pour the jello over it slowly so it seeps into the holes. Refrigerate for a few hours and frost it with cool whip. It is really good!

I did work on cards for my swap but I am not going to post them until I send them out! But there are still a few spots left in the swap so I'll post a link. You know you love to watercolor!

No comments: